BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 26, 2009

I never thought......



The paper is a clean crisp white, like his smile. The muscles in his arm flexing as he gripped his black engraved pen that never touched paper. Strands of his bronze hair fell over his "Starry Night" eyes; a blue so deep it made you wonder if those white speckles were real or the work of contacts. The crinkle around those eyes is enough to make any girl melt into his arms.
People always offering to do things for him like homework, classwork, even the teachers offer to push back his project due dates stating tha t"they're sure he has a very busy life." but no matter what people offer or say to him he never smiles. Only says thank you with a half hearted smirk, not showing off his pearly whites or the deep blues crinkling like riples in the ocean. No, just thank you and turns away. He makes me wonder and think why he doesn't smile or laugh? He has the entire school kissing his feet and yet acts as if he wants nothing to do with it.
Watching him, I prop my elbow on the table and rest my head on my hand. My pink, purple and brown hair cascading off my shouldes framing my angular face. I sigh looking away changing the song on my mp3 player to "Writing on teh Walls" by UnderOath, one of my ear buds hanging next to my leg. Next thing i hear is a scrapping sound of a chair, snapping ym head up heis no longer sitting their, i feel a hand brush against my leg looking over he is placing my other ear bud in his ear. He looks at me saying "I love this song, i didn't think anyone else knew this band." His deep blues lit up the white speckles eminating while his eyes began to crinkle, his legendary smile stretching across his face revealing his perfect straight teeth. 
He laughed moving pink and purple strands from my eyes. "The pink brings out all the colors in your green eyes." he said leaning back resting his arm on the back of my chair. Everyone is watching us and all i can think to say is "Thank you." with a baffled look on my face. Was this some type of cruel joke? Out of everyone who does thngs for him, everyone who bows at his feet....he comes over and talks to me?! The one person in this school that doesn't think of him as a demi god. My thoughts were racing.......
"Why are you over here, sitting with me? Sharing my mp3 player?" I asked after a few seconds, the entire room turns and glares at me. "Because you treat me like a human." whispering his velety voice into my ear. I looked at him confused, then shrugged as if to say "alright. whatever." He bursted out laughing "See that's exactly what i'm talking about, you don't see me as anything other than just a person." he smiled again. "i've been watching you from time to time, and how you go about your business without a single care as to what people think. Honeslty i admire you, i've been meaning to talk to you for about a year now." His cheeks turned slightly pink. "But i was afraid you hated me or something."
I was offically astonished,  I didn't even realize he went to this school until about a month ago. I though he was a new student but apparently i was wong. I had not a single thought in my head on how to respond to this. He sat up now looking almost distressed. "So you do hate me?" he spoke disappointedly.
"No, no i don't hate you....i'm just surprised that's all." i said trying to organize my thoughts. "Oh well...I just thought it was okay, i mean, i always see you with a bunch of people, getting along with pretty much everyone. i didn't mean to catch you off guard." he spoke modestly now, the glorified demi-god from across the room was no more. He was now a regular high school guy. I smiled at the thought of this realizing i placed him on a pedestal along with everyone else. "No its fine. i'm glad you came over to talk to me." i could feel the tension release as he sighed. "So what other bands do you like?" i asked pulling my hair back into a pony tail. He smiled again and began to list off his favorite bands while i made strange faces at the ones i didn't like.
 The Bell rang and we left.
I wondered for the rest of teh day whether tomorrow would be the same or not.
I guess i never thought that he might be wondering about me too.

0 comments: