Another car pulls up, a crisp dark shade of sky blue. I didn't catch his face, but his voice sounded raspy almost tired. A child in the seat next to him saying something i couldn't quite make out. I pull my hair back in a pony tail catching my reflection in the side view mirror noticing my eyes are extra green today. The cart pusher watches me while i start to sing a stupid shallow pop song. It seems like the songs you hate the most are the ones you know all the words too. I see my mother walking out of the store and so does the cart pusher.
"Finally" i think to myself.
My mother loads everything into the car and gets in, the door making a painful wrenching noise. I look back in the mirror noticing the cart pusher almost looks sad as she backs the car out of the space and pulls out of the parking lot.

0 comments:
Post a Comment