You glow, you shine, you emanate.
I love you through and through.
Sadly though, I do none of those things
At least not for you
Your smile is a presence in itself.
You make me feel full.
You don't fill from me though.
To you, my smile seems quite dull.
I can't help but see you,
Your halo shines so brightly.
I must be invisible,
Or your eyes are shut tightly.
Eyes the color of the bright blue sky.
I think of them everyday.
Apparently my eyes must be too ugly to see-
Or just to low, a dull gray.
Unfortunately, you'll never know it's you.
I could never speak the truth.
Unless one day you saw my eyes,
Or I made you feel full.
Maybe you'd see my smile, every tooth.
You'll never know because I know
You don't feel this way.
But who knows what could happen,
Maybe, one day.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
The World Through Brightly Colored Glasses
Posted by Critta at 8:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment